Tuesday, March 04, 2008

LID ANNIVERSARY!!!!

In honor of our 11 month LID I decided to adopt a panda for the website. Isn't she cute? Almost a year down, only a few more years to go. (UGH!!!) Referrals have started going out as of yesterday, & it looks like Jan. 4, 2006 is the cutoff. At least we are in 2006. Thank goodness God is in control. If it was up to me, I would probably have already gone over to China & stolen a baby, (just kidding - I think)
As you can see from our last couple of posts, we have been busy since the tornado. Many of our friends asked for pics & that was the best way we could show you the true damage. For those of you not familiar with our area, we are about a mile & a half from the major damage. Things are starting to get back to normal, so to speak. Last night we had a possibility of severe weather with the storm & thankfully God spared us. The Union students are all kind of jumpy, don't really blame them. The basic theme that is being said on campus, is that everyone keeps a backpack ready to go. Again, don't blame them.
To my secret pal - I haven't forgotten you. I wanted to explain our SN possibilities after your note. We are with Bethany Christian Services. Since we were LID, we have been applying for some of the girls on the SN lists that come out quarterly. Now, to make it more fair for the kids & hopefully to speed up the process, they have changed how the process works. Now, you have to be through the review room to be able to apply. If there are any kids left not matched, then those that are LID, but not through the review room are allowed to apply through what is termed as the "second round". Last time we did apply on the second round, but were not matched. This week the second round is being matched on Thurs., but we did not feel led to apply. There are only 2 girls left on the list & their needs are a little more severe than what my DH & I feel we can handle. Thank you for being so thoughtful to ask & remember us. Maybe some day God will lead us to a SN child, who knows. (I'm personally thinking that the review box isn't going to change for the agencies, so it may be a longer while than we originally thought.) We received your note this month & we are honored that you donated to Half the Sky in honor of Hannah Grace. DH does have a question: Do you buy your ladybug stickers in bulk??? He laughs everytime he sees the stickers. He comes in saying your SP has struck again. This time I didn't see a package, so I asked how he knew & then he showed me the envelope with all the stickers. (I love them by the way!!!)
I hope everyone has a great day - I am stuck at home with a cold. I do feel bad, but I think I would rather be at work. (FYI- there is NOTHING on TV during the day)But since I work with preschoolers, I'm sure all the Mom's out there don't want me there.

0 comments: