Yes, I have been asked that by a few people. So to set the record straight, here's what's been going on with us:
April 4th we celebrated being logged in for China for our first year. I have to admit I took that day pretty hard. I didn't even feel like getting on the computer that day. I had planned on posting a cool little anniversary note with some cool graphics & cool pics that I had taken of the boys. But it just didn't happen.
Also, we have been super busy with our family. For those of you who don't know the drama we've been enduring since Christmas, let me give you the shortened version. My (Charity) nana has congestive heart failure. With this, she has to go to the hospital periodically to have fluid drained from around her heart & lungs. Well, so far we've had 6 trips since Christmas & a one week stay at a local nursing home. Needless to say our family is tired. We are physically & emotionally drained.
Noah's tooth FINALLY broke through - only after 2 years & 2 months since his surgery.
Next little bit of good/fun/exciting news: I won something. (Yes, this is a first for me) I entered a contest, really just giving me a reason to email someone a message that was long overdue. Anyway, I won a blogspot makeover. Tina at www.thestoryofyou.net provides the coolest service. She helps share the adoption experience through the internet. We've watched a couple of close friends' journey to picking up their daughters in China & countless others. I have learned alot from following all these families experiences. Well, now she has also included in her services blogspots. All we have to do is pick out what we like & poof she is going to make it look good. I can't wait to see what she comes up with (as soon as I send her the info.)
One more fun: I received a package Monday from our secret pal. When I get home & find some time I'm going to post pics so everyone can see the amazing gifts we've received. She goes overboard every month. This month she included a board book that showcases the most adorable little Asian girl. Then there was another book about a little girl having a birth mom & an adoptive mom. I CRIED! Out of all that she has so graciously given us, I can not wait to read that to Hannah Grace when she is old enough to understand that "I was made to love her." (Did you get that Toby Mac reference? That was for Andy) SP - the little pink dress with the strawberry on it is sooo cute. It's funny. I haven't gotten the first thing with strawberries on it which seems strange. We are only about 10 minutes from the "World Famous Strawberry Festival" and I am a member of the Zeta Tau Alpha fraternity, which strawberries are a big thing. My little ZTA legacy will have to wear that when we go up to campus. And then that soft lovey is the best ever. You can catch me constantly holding it around the house. It feels awesome!!!! Thank you!!!! And, I don't mind you combining the next two months. I do ask one favor if I may be so bold. I am going to make a 100 wishes quilt one day. I would love for you to contribute a square & a wish. It would be an honor. I can't wait to find out who you are, I don't have a clue. ;0)
We are preparing for our first (probably not last) update to our homestudy for the adoption. Our Social Worker comes Saturday. We still have a few more appointments to get finished. Then I guess we'll go to Memphis to get our fingerprints done again. After that, I guess we just wait for our next big hurdle in this amazing adoption process: We need to get through the review room. We know they are working on all of January dossiers, but I've heard some talk that the Feb. group is being asked some questions. That means only a few more months until they are looking at our paperwork. It's funny, we don't even look like those picutres anymore that are stuck to that massive mound of paper.
I guess that's enough for now. I am scheduled to take some pics of the boys tomorrow up at Union. They have a display of thousands of American flags & it's supposed to be pretty. I am going to do my best to get Andy to show me, again, how to download pics so I can post them here next week. Have a great week.
-Charity (yeah, you knew this wasn't Andy)
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
We haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.
posted at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment