I guess there really aren't many words to describe the feeling that many of us have. The international world of adoption is not for the faint of heart. I think I actually remember our social worker saying something like that at the beginning, so long ago. I know in my heart that God has the perfect child for our family in mind. But since I am so limited by what little I can see, it's easy for me sometimes to forget who is in charge. For the month of November China only referred 2 days worth of LID's. We still have over 400 LID's to go. I still am clinging on to the fact that I am an eternal optimist. I know it will all work out. I know it will all be worth it in the end. "Faith is not believing He can, it is knowing He will." My head KNOWS all these things, but sometimes my human heart longs for the daughter I have yet to meet. My heart yearns to see her face & hold her little hand & hug her so tight so she will know that she will never be abandoned again. I want to get her room ready. I want to see some pink in this house. I want to get out all those things that I've already set aside for her. Things that need a little girl, not an over-emotional momma. Keep praying folks. We are in this for the long haul.
Lately many people have asked us why it's taking so long. They don't understand why we are doing this. "Why don't you just get a kid from here?" Those were fightin words the other day, so I won't even go there in this post. "When will you just drop out & have another child?" And again - not going there. "I know of many people who have already come home with their children, what's taking yours so long?" Oh if only I had time here to write a book. It's amazing really. I know sometimes people are meaning well, but seriously. STOP and think about your words before you speak them!!!
Well, I guess I did have alot to say. Have a good week. -Charity
Monday, November 10, 2008
What do I say?
posted at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
In general, people are stupid. What a fabulous legacy you are leaving for your daughter when she grows up and realizes how long you waited and prayed for her. She will read this blog where you poured your heart out waiting for her! She will never question how loved she is.
Post a Comment