Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Waiting (same song, different cd)

Just when we see a faint light at the end of a tunnel.... Today CCAA has announced that they are "postponing/suspending" referrals for 20-30 days for this swine flu thing to blow over. Okay. I understand the concern. But can the media make anything more into a huge fiasco? I mean, really? Do they spend days upon days during the regular flu season every year talking about the over 30,000 people that will die because of NORMAL flu? I think sometimes our media makes things worse than they actually are. Now, we are setting us & the world up for mass panic. While we adopting parents will just have to wait (Not to mention that more children have to sit & wait longer in an orphanage without their mom or dad to love on them!!!) But, if you will notice... the countries aren't restriciting travel for tourists or business people. humm..
Anyway, I am just a little perturbed today that life for these little ones get put on hold while adults can go about their lives. We are supposed to be their refuge. We are supposed to be their voices. Why can't we help them & get to them faster?????

1 comments:

Moore Family said...

Oh Man! I am so sorry Charity! I totally agree with you on the media. Jennifer