Penny Carnival & Bake Sale
this Saturday, Oct. 16th from 1:00 - 4:00
West Jackson Baptist Church recreation fields
all carnival games are only 1 penny!!!!
Come bring the kids, let them have a great time. We will have dandy jumpers, carnival type games (like bean bag tosses, pin Ethiopia onto Africa, balloon darts, etc), a cupcake walk, popcorn & drinks for sale, along with a bunch of goodies that were baked by some really awesome women (yes, that disclaimer was for those of you who know me. But I am making a few pies that I CAN make & they are delicious!!!!)
Someone asked us why we were fundraising. I could tell by the conversation that they felt we should be able to 'afford" our adoption since we were the ones adopting. And yes, I agree. It is hard having to go by faith & not know what is going to happen in the future. But, God is changing our route. The direction of this adoption looks alot different than it did when it began last year. Now the government is requiring us to make 2 trips, which has increased our travel budget. If that was all the difference all we would have to do is take out a loan & pay it back when we get our taxes back. But as most of you have figured out by now - we feel that the calling is much greater. We have to get a handle on the fact that the funds for "the boys" has to come from somewhere because this was not included in our original budget planning. One thing I would like to say to this person is that God is the one in control - not me. THANK GOODNESS. He knows where the money is going to come from & He knows that I plan to give Him ALL the credit for this because there is no way on this earth that I could pull this one off. Him being glorified should be what it's all about anyway. The other stuff is just details. ;0)
See you all Saturday - the weather is supposed to be PERFECT!!!!!
this Saturday, Oct. 16th from 1:00 - 4:00
West Jackson Baptist Church recreation fields
all carnival games are only 1 penny!!!!
Come bring the kids, let them have a great time. We will have dandy jumpers, carnival type games (like bean bag tosses, pin Ethiopia onto Africa, balloon darts, etc), a cupcake walk, popcorn & drinks for sale, along with a bunch of goodies that were baked by some really awesome women (yes, that disclaimer was for those of you who know me. But I am making a few pies that I CAN make & they are delicious!!!!)
Someone asked us why we were fundraising. I could tell by the conversation that they felt we should be able to 'afford" our adoption since we were the ones adopting. And yes, I agree. It is hard having to go by faith & not know what is going to happen in the future. But, God is changing our route. The direction of this adoption looks alot different than it did when it began last year. Now the government is requiring us to make 2 trips, which has increased our travel budget. If that was all the difference all we would have to do is take out a loan & pay it back when we get our taxes back. But as most of you have figured out by now - we feel that the calling is much greater. We have to get a handle on the fact that the funds for "the boys" has to come from somewhere because this was not included in our original budget planning. One thing I would like to say to this person is that God is the one in control - not me. THANK GOODNESS. He knows where the money is going to come from & He knows that I plan to give Him ALL the credit for this because there is no way on this earth that I could pull this one off. Him being glorified should be what it's all about anyway. The other stuff is just details. ;0)
See you all Saturday - the weather is supposed to be PERFECT!!!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment