Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Some Movement.....


but it didn't affect us. One of the referrals announced today was one of the ADORABLE little boys on our waiting list. Are you interested in adding to your family through adoption? There are 14 waiting boys on my agency's list. I don't know anything about them, except that they are looking for a family. Just looking at their adorable faces makes me wonder why in the world must they sit there getting older by the day while lots of families just wait themselves on the "perfect little baby" to bring home. Really????? Why not be courageous - take a chance on one of the older kids? Get your feet wet, so to speak, then when you are experienced wait on a younger child (you'll have someone to help occupy your time.) No, I am not saying an older child is for everybody - but it's definitely for some. These boys don't want a lot, they don't need a lot. They just want to be loved.
AND FOR THOSE OF YOU WONDERING - YES YES YES "my" two boys are still on the list. I am in disbelief over it. We have come to the conclusion, that if they are still available WHEN we can qualify for them - we will probably be bringing home 3 cuties from Ethiopia.....sigh.... I feel better now that it's out in the open. We've been praying a lot. There is still A LOT that God would have to take care of - but He's in the miracle making business & I want to give Him all the credit. Can't wait to see what He's going to do for our family.
Now, I'm not saying all that to keep people from looking at them - by all means if God is leading you to them - GO FOR IT. I just hate it that they are sitting there just WAITING. Come on folks. Search your hearts. Some kiddos are at stake.
If you are interested in any of these kids starting at age 3 (yes, that young) then you can check into International Adoption Network out of Colorado or let me know, I'd be happy to get you in touch with some awesome to work with people.

1 comments:

Heather said...

AAAHHHHH!!! How exciting is that??!!? I know exactly which two kids you are talking about on the waiting list :) They are adorable. We are in the same boat as you as we are thinking about adopting a single boy. Just waiting to get to the top of the baby girl list so we can look at their files. I hope it all works out for your family and come on baby girl list!!!