Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Backtracking

Elijah's cake - I couldn't get the pic fast enough. He dove in!!!!

That's a chandelier in the back - it's a boat. I just love it.

My 8 year old eats better with chopsticks than anyone I know.

Elijah wanted to eat Chinese for his birthday. Noah hates eating there, so the four of us decided to go while Noah was at school. Every time I go in there they must roll their eyes & draw straws to see who has to deal with the American who wants to pick their brains. On this particular day this sweet girl won/lost the toss. We found out that she has only been in the states for a little over a year. She just moved here from NYC. Now, granted I know it's culture shock changing countries, but having to come south where there isn't much of an Asian population? Whew. Anyway, that could be another post all together. I wanted to know how to say "happy birthday" in Mandarin. She didn't understand. Before it was all over she brought Elijah this really cool cake that she had fixed up for him - complete with oranges & cucumbers!!!! I even pushed the envelope & asked her to write happy birthday on a piece of paper I had. I was trying to get her to write the pinyin form, but I finally just gave up. (You should have seen us asking her about the spring festival, aka Chinese New Year.) Now you know why they cower when they see me come in. UGH!

I have just started a new Bible study on Monday nights. Let me tell you. God is loving all over me!!!!! I am being convicted beyond what I thought was imaginable. Last night we were looking at the church in Ephesus with Paul & then the church in Ephesus in Revelation. Okay God I get it. You have my attention now. I have left my first love - YOU. I have put so many things before you. If you are busy doing things today, stop right now & take a breather. Talk to your first love, see what you've been missing. Fall deeply in love with the creator of the universe. He's waiting on you.

1 comments:

Moore Family said...

I love that cake! What Bible study are you doing? Look forward to talking 2 you!