Friday, August 21, 2009

Why Is It Taking So Long?





That is the question of the week. I don't really remember another time when I have had so many people ask that question. And as usual I start off with my standard fair giving a little bit of the reasoning as to the slow down. Then during one such conversation in a subtle yet very defining moment - the TRUE answer was revealed to me. Now before I go on, please know that I do believe that this is all part of God's perfect plan. His timing is always perfect. It isn't always easy but I will trust His plans for me.
We are coming to realize that if we hadn't been placed in this huge bottle neck of a slow down, we wouldn't have ever truly realized the orphan crisis that our world is suffering from. We probably would never have started thinking about adding another child to our family. We would have lived content with our one little precious princess, missing totally the blessings that God has all along planned for us. I would not have had all the time to research what I have in the last year or so. How would I have become burdened for all those 140+ MILLION little ones out there who need a family to love them just for who they are? How would we ever come to the decision that Hannah Grace would need a sister to grow up with? These are questions that I believe explain why we are in the slow down. (If you are reading this & you are part of the slow boat to China, I am sorry. It may not be the answer that you want to hear. Please remember we are all in this together. This is just the answer that God has given our family.)
I can't even believe how selfish I was at the beginning of this adoption process. If you go to the beginning of this blog, you can see it. It is there. I wanted a perfect little girl who I could spoil rotten. I don't recognize that woman any more. This isn't about me. Now, I wish I could bring home so many more. I am so very thankful that God has allowed us to wait. No, it doesn't make it easier. But, I know because of his divine purpose, there will be now two less orphans on this earth. Will we be done? Probably, but I will leave that up to God. We have learned (the hard way) that we must give it to Him.
So, for now I will pray harder for those children. I will find ways to educate people on their behalf. I will find money to help support & take care of them. That is now my mission, my passion that I am so excited about.
Hannah Grace, sister I love you. I still long to hold you and kiss your beautiful face. Mommy is still coming, but it looks like it's going to be just a while longer. Your sister needs me right now. I will come when it's time. Don't lose hope. We love you, but more importantly Jesus loves you even more.

1 comments:

Moore Family said...

What great things God has planned and I can't wait to see it unfold for you guys! Believe it or not, Nicky and I were praying about a sibling group (yes, I said that) but they were not to be apart of our family. I guess all that praying you and Nicky have been doing for me has kicked in!
Have a great weekend!
Jennifer