Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Worst Nightmare Is Happening!!!!!

Andy just opened his email. He kind of opened his mouth & then wouldn't say anything for a bit. What in the world? I kept asking over & over what was going on. Then he read it to me.............
The Ethiopian government has officially decided that we (meaning all adoptive parents) will need to be in court when our child's case is being heard. This will either mean 2 trips (which I so wanted to avoid!!!) or we'll go & one of us would stay there until it would be time to bring Ebaby home. When we first spoke of adoption I have to admit that was the first reason that we eliminated countries. I can't even process this right now, while I am typing. It is breaking my heart that I could meet my child & then have to leave her behind. I know I know, people do it all the time - but this isn't an option that I was allowing to be a possibility. This has been rumored for a while & I was really hoping we'd get home before this happened. I CAN'T TAKE THIS!!!!! I am going to have to let this absorb. I feel numb. All the different scenarios are running rampant in my brain right now. Start praying now folks. It's gonna take a lot to get this Mama through this one. WOW.

Andy has been busy designing tshirts to sell (it's a good thing now - looks like our travel budget just went out the roof!!!!)

The good side - she'll be able to come home on a different visa & will become an automatic US citizen when she touches US soil. PRAISES!!! And I guess another is I don't have a headache (yet). I am sure it will come tonight when I sit down & let it all out. I see a big crying session in my future. ;0)

Another good point - I'll get to see my baby. Bad point - I DON"T WANT TO LEAVE HER!!!!! How will I do it? I don't think I have this much strength. Oh & another thought - if there is bio family, we might have a better chance of meeting them since they will have to be in court.

I am trying to remind myself that God is in control. (I am wondering though if He's forgotten how much I HATE flying!!!?!!!?!!)

Edited To Add: Andy said we'd better clarify this is just for Ethiopia & doesn't effect China.

On a brighter, happier note:
We have our prayer cards. Andy did such a great job on them. I'm working on addressing them & getting them out this week. If you want one & I don't have your address, let me know. I'll be glad to send you one. I want everyone praying for our special blessing.

3 comments:

Moore Family said...

Hmm, we may have to rethink about ET adoption now! No, we are not in the process, just praying!
Jennifer

Julie said...

We feel your pain....you described it so well. I didn't even post on my blog til I could better absorb it. But you've said it well. I pray God's peace is on you...on us all as we deal with this most unwelcome turn in the road.

Upstatemamma said...

I can completely empathize with you. I eliminated countries because of requiring two trips as well. I would probably end up staying if it were me. But then I am a SAHM and it would not be all that difficult for me to do that. Either way this has to be so hard. And I am sorry you are going through it.