Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Child's Soul Foundation

Look out - it's one of "those" families who dress alike.
This pic was actually taken outside by the pool when we were on vacation back in October. I know you can't see it very well, but I LOVE these shirts. Some friends of ours (Hi Jennifer) from our area wide adoption group have created a foundation. These shirts are being sold to help start up this foundation. They are just in the beginning stages, but we are all praying that God will continue to bless their endeavor so many more families can be blessed through adoption. One of their sons, colored the world that's in the middle. Then around the world is a line of people holding hands. Then James 1:27 is around that saying "A child's soul has no color."
They have set up a website to showcase some of the shirts they are selling. All the profits will help a family who wants to adopt but might be having trouble with the financial side. We are actually partnering with them to help keep up with our money. Any money that is donated is going through them. This makes it a win win situation. Because they are a nonprofit, you can get a receipt for your tax purposes. I just love that. We are getting ready to have a fund raiser with our Bible Fellowship Team & hopefully Nicky (the foundation was his brain child) will be able to come and speak about the organization and about all the orphans on our planet. I can't wait. He was able to speak at his church for orhan sunday & I heard that he did an excellent job. I hope this leads to so much more than we can ever imagine.
Go HERE to check out all the shirts.

UPDATE: Jennifer posted in her comments the link to their church (this is how the foundation is set up right now - until it grows large enough to be independent) I just "visited" and was pretty impressed. (BTW, I LOVE THE LOGO!!!!) Hope this helps:
gbcselmer.org/achildssoul

1 comments:

Moore Family said...

Thanks Charity for supporting! We can't wait too see all God has in store for this year to help raise the money! I do have PLENTY of shirts left! I guess I better go update that website! I have not done it in along time!
Anyone wanting info can also go to
gbcselmer.org/achildssoul or just send them my way!
Jennifer