
I don't think so. Can you believe this is one of the sights the boys will get to see this summer? I think there is just something wrong with this. I can see myself getting a little green with envy before this is all over with. ;0)

They will actually be working in an area outside of San Jose that is a literal trash dump. There is a community of people who live there. Everyone must have a 6th grade education to get a job in Costa Rica. But to attend school you must wear a uniform. Well, if you don't have a job, you can't afford an education. So, there is an unending cycle there. Until now!!!! The children's ministry at our church is working to stop that. This fall they sponsored 233 children & provided them with a uniform & a Bible (all for $40). The kids were challenged to earn it, not just ask for a handout from their parents. I am so proud of all the kids. They worked so hard. And now some of them will get to see the fruits of their labors. I think right now there are over 30 people going on the trip this summer. Hopefully our kids will get to meet the boys that they helped go to school for the very first time this winter. (I was impressed to watch my boys pick out their kids - they all wanted boys around their same age. Can you imagine going to school for the 1st time as a 12 year old?)

This is one thing I wouldn't want to see!!!! YIKES


Wow- what a view.

I want to go, I want to go.
1 comments:
I wish you were going too, Charity! I will miss you sweet girls!
<3 C
Post a Comment