Monday, February 28, 2011

We're Going To Court.!.

Today started out like alot of the days here lately - stormy weather. Or at least they were calling for it. We were bracing ourselves for another outbreak & when I went to bed last night it looked like the same set up as Thursday. Of course, Noah knew it was coming & as soon as it started RAINING, yes I just said raining - not thundering, not lightening, just raining, he came running into our bedroom on full alert. This was 4:00 AM. I tried to convince him to go back to sleep. I even looked up the radar to show him, but there wasn't any convincing him at this point. We were able to get him to lay down in the closet for a few minutes (hoping he'd fall asleep in the dark but he didn't). So, all that to say - again I AM TIRED.
We began school today with everyone reading a book out loud in the living room. Nothing major - I just wasn't up to it. During that time the house phone rang. Heath ran to check & see who it was (mainly to get out of listening to his brother's story.) He said, don't answer it - it's another toll free call. Yes, we ignore telemarketers here in the Morris household. But this time it wasn't one. They actually started leaving a message. It was Liz from Colorado. I don't think I've moved that fast in a really long time. By now, she has come to realize that we really are crazy over here in TN. Today, I confirmed it!!!!!!! School was over - the kids knew they had me where they wanted me. But I was so preoccupied, I don't think I cared. Liz had our COURT DATE. Yep, THE phone call I've been waiting for. What I find so funny is that she called on the house phone while I've had my cell glued to my hip for over a week now. She says she will always call me when I least expect it - and she's always right. She keeps surprising me time & time again (for which I am SO thankful.) It makes this adoption journey alot more interesting & exciting.
So for the details. Wait to you hear how totally AWESOME (that's for you sis!) our God is. Our court date is Wed. April 20th!!!! We get to celebrate Easter Sunday in Ethiopia. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! 12 families were given court dates today. But for our actual date there are only 2 families. I am excited that we will get close to one family who I am hoping will become great friends for us. (God provided that with China so I can't wait to see the blessings in Ethiopia.) We've sent them an email, hopefully I'll be making some new friends very soon.
Andy's been busy with the travel agent. As soon as we get the confirmation, those tickets will be coming our way!!!!!! Yippeee. I can't believe that starting tomorrow I will be able to say, "Next month I will get to meet my daughter."
My head is still spinning. All of a sudden it seems like there is alot to be done. I guess it's time to get busy.
Oh & I was going to post about this over the weekend, but it just got too crazy. Friday our sweet blessing turned 7 months old. Happy Birthday precious. We love you & can't wait to meet you. I pray you are staying happy. I pray for you every day. I look forward to holding you & finding out all about your personality. Something tells me, you have alot of personality just waiting to shine. Sweet dreams little one. It really won't be long now. Mama loves ya.

2 comments:

One More Equals Four said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for y'all!

Moore Family said...

Oh yeah, Charity! I am so excited for u guys!